High power LED microscope illumination
Problem: Your micrsocope is fine working condition, the optics are flawless, but illumination is either dim, brightness is not adjustale or bulbs are hard to come by.
Soultion: Retrofit your microscope with a high Power LED illumination and these issues are in the past. Suddenly light consuming microscopy methods such as for example polarising or darkfield microscopy cease to be a problem. The utilised LED CREE XM-L is easily powerful enough for these tasks.The LED is powered with a maximum of 1600 mA. At core of the illumination solution is a LED driver and dimmer that I have specifically designed for this task. You can even make videos without any problems.
Custom made LED adapters are used for fitting the LED to your microscope. Upon request we can also do the conversion.
The Universal LED Controller is able to deive and dim all prevalent LEDs. Brightness may be controled continuously between 0 and 100 %. Especially the new and powerful LEDs require fine adjustment if they are used in the bright field. To this end the universal LED controller was fitted with switch reduce the maximum power to 160mA, and thus adjusting the brightness in the brightfield is possible with ease. Of course this range may also be set to a different level by the user.
Further the controller features a set of eight pre programmed maximum ratings to able to drive LEDs other than 10W LEDs such as the CREE XM-L, without danger of destroying them.
The controller uses a softstart, i.e. there are no flashes during turning on the LED.
- High Power LED illumination retrofit solution
- custom turned and anodised aluminium heatsink
- e.g. for Zeiss illuminator 467040 and Zeiss Illuminator 15
- adapter for for Carl Zeiss Jena illuminators
- adapter for Carl Zeiss Jena Jenaval, Jenamed,…
- for PZO Biolar
- LED: CREE XM-L
- UV /IR / colour LEDs may also be driven
- Coarse adjustment 0-100 % light output (0-1600mA)
- Fine adjustment is preset to 0 and 10% light output, may be set by the user
- Maximum current may be set to: 1600, 1200, 900, 700, 350, 160 or 50mA
- constant colour throughout the whole range
- LED reaches a maximum of 65 ºC under maximum current
- Aluminim die cast enclosure in black, light grey ot hammerite (grey)
- DC in 4,5-12V
- reverse voltage protection
- works well as battery driven device
- designed and made in Germany
please contact me
LED Adapter + LED Universal Controller
Order at info [at] archaeometallurgie dot de or use the contact form in the lower right corner.